|Home » |
AIR SWIMMERS FLYING CLOWNFISH REMOTE CONTROL
|CHOKING HAZARD -- Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.|
|CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.|
Air Swimmers swim through the air with incredibly smooth and life-like motion. These amazing fish provide hours of remote control indoor fun in even the smallest of rooms (not for outdoor use). They require only four AAA batteries (one in the body, three in the controller) and have complete up, down and 360 degree turning control. Simply fill your Air Swimmers with helium, available inexpensively at any party store, florist shop, or grocery store that carries balloons. The body is made from a high quality, durable nylon material that will stay inflated for weeks! You can fill it again and again. Remote control has never come to life so magically!
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 355 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 355 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
212 of 228 found the following review helpful:
Air Swimmer SharkAug 28, 2011
By Katja Walker
We bought the Shark for my husband for his birthday. It took a little while to get here, but Amazon had told us that it did not ship, and when the vendor's new shipment came in, it shipped right away. It needs four AAA batteries. It cost $1 to have the balloon filled at Kroger's and then about 30 minutes or so to put it all together (We tethered it with a fishing line and weights and one of the kids held it while my husband attached everything to it). Be careful and follow the instructions to put it together correctly! Once it was balanced we were ready to go. It is surprisingly easy to control because it "swims" so slowly. All of us, kids (16 and 11) and adults, were able to use it well in a few minutes. It uses infrared so it works on line of sight. It cannot be used out of doors, even in near windless conditions - wind and drafts make it impossible to control, but it works beautifully indoors. It is obviously not a very sturdy toy, but with a little care (and if you have small children good supervision) it can last a long time. Overall a really fun toy, it looks and works just like shown on the u-tube videos.
290 of 321 found the following review helpful:
Difficult assembly and Not As Pictured!Oct 13, 2011
By J. Seidel
I like gadgets and unique items, that's why this flying clownfish caught my eye for my daughter's birthday party. It comes with many parts and even more stickers and tape to hold the fins onto the fish. Here are some things to keep in mind.
1) Fins do not match the picture...at all! They are cheap brown and are not painted to match the balloon. Big disappointment when you want it to look as real as possible. It's false advertisement and I feel ripped off.
2) Sticky pads and tape are nearly impossible to remove from their paper sheet and apply to the balloon. This process of taping on fins took almost 30 minutes alone. You peel up a sticky pad and the whole sheet of paper tears and comes up with it. Poor quality.
3) It is IR remote controlled only, which means you have to be within line of sight. I knew this going in, but I didn't know that the model sold in Toys R Us is RF and has a much longer range. They have a contract with the store to only sell Toys R Us the RF model. Pretty ridiculous and underhanded it sounds to me. I was very disappointed and felt I got the knock-off version...for the same price. The Toys R Us version probably has the REAL fins with it too.
4) The thing is huge. Yeah it fits in my living room but where am I supposed to fly it to. Ok hit that wall, turn around, ok hit the other wall. I'm done now.
5) Balancing the fish is difficult. They supply some putty to weigh it down to float. Adding the right amount is trial and error. But you also have to mount the motorized weight distribution device in the right location according to your altitude. They give you a guide to do this, but it was incorrect for me. My fish will only float or point up to swim upwards. I cannot make it dive because of where I mounted the weight. And you can forget taking it off and remounting it. They already had you apply the sticky pads and sticky reinforcement tape to the balloon so there is no way you are getting it back off again without breaking something.
6) The motors operating the fish are LOUD! It looks so cool floating in mid air, then you begin moving the fin and flying it. EERRRRRRRRRRR. ERRRRRRRRR. That's the sound as you descend or ascend the fish. The tail fin is not as loud, but all the sounds really take away from the illusion of it being a fish.
These were just some of my thoughts as I set-up and flew it around for an hour or so.
So bottom line...it is over priced and is better suited for the $19.99 price range. Maybe if I got the painted fins to match the fish, it wasn't so loud and it came with a better RF remote I might pay $40 for it. Skip Amazon on this one and head to Toys R Us to pick one up if you want to give it a try. At least you can return it there easily and only be out a few bucks for the helium.
41 of 45 found the following review helpful:
NOT a real Air SwimmerDec 29, 2011
Be warned! This is NOT a real Air Swimmer! It is a cheap knockoff, and you would be better buying the real deal for a few bucks more.... the fins are plain brown, NOT AT ALL like the image pictured, and the construction is shoddy and cheap.. DONT BE FOOLED by the product description.. This is NOT the actual Air Swimmer toy!!
74 of 88 found the following review helpful:
Great Idea, Poorly ExecutedSep 27, 2011
By Anne Jarrell-France
We saw the video and thought this would be a great present for our granddaughter. We purchased it and began putting it together for her. The instructions were ambiguous and confusing. Locations for placement of the fins and controllers were poorly marked/named. We finally put the fish together and left it overnight to begin "flying lessons" the next morning. When we came back downstairs to learn, we found the fish had leaked the helium and was deflated. We were deflated, too!
14 of 14 found the following review helpful:
Great Idea, but I have reason to believe this seller is selling illegal knockoffsJan 25, 2012
I purchased this item for my son for Christmas. We put it together and had lots of fun wit this product, ONE TIME. After the first use, the thing fell apart. Upon corresponding with the "listed" manufacturer of the product, we have reason to believe that this item is an illegal knockoff. The quality is very very poor. Please, if you want to purchase this item, purchase it from a reputable vendor that is selling the legitimate item, this was not it.
See all 355 customer reviews on Amazon.com